Export Gmail Emails to MBOX with Complete Properties: Top Two Methods
Summary: This article includes both a manual and an automatic way to export Gmail emails to MBOX. So, if you’re seeking the best and most comprehensive Gmail to MBOX solution, you may completely depend on us.
Gmail is the most generally used email client, and although it offers many advantages, it may cause some problems over time. One of the primary concerns is account storage, therefore you may solve it by deleting part of the emails or folders and backing them up beforehand, and MBOX is a wonderful format for that.
- MBOX files may be accessed using a variety of different accounts.
- It may include a large number of emails and other pertinent information.
- The file format is fully compatible with all operating systems.
- The process of adding new mail to the mailbox is sped up.
- The file format is widely accepted.
- Searching for text inside the inbox is more efficient.
So, these are some of the MBOX’s benefits that persuade users to archive Gmail to MBOX. As a result, we provide you with all of the options to assist you in starting the work.
How to Export Gmail Emails to MBOX: The Manual Approach
The Google takeout technique is the first way to download Gmail to MBOX. When there are a lot of folders to export, this technique works well. The Google Take-Out capabilities allow you to save all of your Google data, including Gmail. There are, however, certain limitations, which we’ll go through at the end.
Take a look at the technique to learn more about how Google Takeout works to back-up Gmail to MBOX.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Export Gmail to MBOX Using Takeout
- To access your Google account, go to https://myaccount.google.com.
- When the Google account welcome screen appears, click the “Data & Personalisation” link in the left panel.
- Now scroll down the page to the part titled “Download, delete, or establish a plan for your data.”
- Now Select “Download your data” from the drop-down menu.
- You must now uncheck all other data and just pick “Mail.”
- After that, choose the frequency, file type, and size, and then click Create Export.
The Gmail folders you chose will now be downloaded. The folders that are downloaded will be stored in the MBOX format.
This Procedure’s Limitations
- The functions take a long time; after you’ve produced an export, you’ll be warned that it might take hours or even days to complete.
- You will not be able to export just certain folders or emails. You will be required to preserve all account folders even if you do not want to.
- If your data is huge, it will be divided into smaller chunks.
Let’s now look at the alternative best method to save Gmail to MBOX file.
Consider The Alternative Approach to Save Gmail to MBOX File
The MacXtra Gmail backup tool allows you to export Gmail emails to MBOX file format. It allows you to export all of your account’s folders at once, as well as selected ones. So, the option is entirely yours in terms of which one to export and which not to. It’s also incredibly safe, ensuring that none of your data is corrupted throughout the Gmail to MBOX conversion procedure. So, let’s have a look at how the tool works.
- After running the Gmail to .mbox converter on your device, you’ll be prompted to enter your Gmail email address and password in order to connect your Gmail account to the program.
- You will now notice that the program has loaded all of your Gmail folders. Now you must pick MBOX as the saving format, as well as the folders that you want to store.
- Browse for and pick a place in which to store the resulting files and then click create a backup.
That concludes the procedure to export Gmail to the MBOX file. Now, let’s look at why this automatic strategy may be the best alternative for you when it comes to extracting Gmail mailboxes to MBOX.
Now effortlessly Export Gmail Emails to Thunderbird
Why is an Alternative Approach Beneficial to You?
- It enables you to export Gmail emails to MBOX in bulk in a few simple steps.
- It enables you to choose which folders should be exported from Gmail to MBOX.
- You might name the resulting file to make it easier to find.
- It enables you to choose the location for the resulting MBOX files.
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
There are two methods to export Gmail emails to MBOX. The manual method is capable of exporting all Gmail folders straight to MBOX but does not enable you to extract simply a subset of them. Its accompanying procedure is also rather extensive and might take some time to finish the transfer of Gmail to MBOX. Thus, if you want to circumvent all of these constraints, you may choose to consider an automated method. The automated approach is easy to use and has tonnes of benefits for you. You may also use this approach if you ever want to Export Gmail emails to other saving options like CSV, PDF, Outlook, MSG, Apple Mail, and more in addition to MBOX files.