How to Move Apple Mail to External Hard Drive?
Many Mac users are looking for this query “how to move Apple Mail to external hard drive?”, if you are also one of them, then you are on the right page. Here we will show you highly recommended and one of the best ways to take backup Apple Mail to external hard drive.
Apple Mail is the email client that comes preinstalled on Mac computers, however not all users feel comfortable working with Mac computers or email clients. Because of this, we have found ourselves in a number of predicaments where we have needed to solve the challenge of downloading our data from Mac Mail and storing it in a secure location for use in the future.
However, many times we aren’t sure how to accomplish it or which methods are the most effective when it comes to moving Apple Mail to an external hard drive. Do not be concerned; in this article, we will demonstrate each and every proper and feasible approach for backing up Apple Mail to an external hard drive.
Reasons to Take Backup Apple Mail to External Hard Drive?
- If Users want to move their data from Apple Mail to another email client.
- Or they have important emails, which they want to save in a safe place.
- Also, there are chances, that Apple Mail storage is full.
Manual Method to Move Apple Mail to External Hard Drive
In this section, I will demonstrate basic manual procedures, which are common knowledge among users; you can also find these procedures on the internet, but with varying degrees of capability and access. Therefore, I feel it necessary to first propose that you go through all of the options, and then choose the approaches based on your requirements.
- Open Mac Mail on your Mac Machine.
- Now select the mailbox and emails, which you want to export.
- After that, press the “Mailbox” from the menu.
- Choose, the “Export Mailbox” option from the appearing list.
- Lastly, browse the saving location and press the “Choose” button.
Now you will get the complete Apple Mail data in MBOX Format. But Imagine for a moment that you have all of the data from Apple Mail saved in MBOX format and that you need to import all of those files into another email client that does not support the MBOX format. what are you going to do now? If you decide to go the manual way, then you are inviting trouble upon yourself.
Do not be concerned; we provide a straightforward and trouble-free method that can simply migrate all of your data into any file type and email client without any constraints or limitations.
Hassle-Free Solution to Move Apple Mail to External Hard Drive
One of the best software is the MacXtra MBOX File Converter for Mac users to move Apple Mail to the external hard drive. The software transfer complete data of the Mac Mail email client, without any hassle. the software has superior and advanced features to convert MBOX file format into any file format and email client. Batch convert Apple Mail to PDF, MSG, EML, etc. Also, the software supports all types of Macs OS. Some of the amazing features are mentioned below:
Superior and Advanced Features of the Software
- The software has a simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users.
- The Apple Mail MBOX converter allows users to take backup of all data into any file format and email client including PST, EML, PDF, MSG, CSV, vCard, Outlook, Gmail, Thunderbird, and other applications.
- Users can easily convert single and multiple MBOX files at one time without file size restrictions and limitations.
- The software preserves and maintains all original folder hierarchy and email body attributes.
- Users can easily save the data at the required destination, like an external hard drive, pen drive Machine, etc.
Steps to Move Apple Mail to External Hard Drive
- Install and run the software on your Machine.
- Now upload the single and multiple MBOX files using the “Add Files” and “Add Folder” options.
- Next, all the folders and subfolders will appear on the software panel
- After that, select the required file format from the “Select Saving Option” list.
- Browse the saving location as per their needs.
- Lastly, click on the “Export” icon to move Apple Mail to the external hard drive.
Now you will get all your Apple Mail data into the selected place in the required format.
Time to Say Goodbye
According to the article that was just read, using one of the specialized ways it is possible to effortlessly move Apple Mail to the external hard drive. I would advise you to utilize the second approach to backup Apple Mail to an external hard drive. Since it is more user-friendly and adaptable than the first solution that was given. Additionally, the tool does not demand a great deal of work on the user’s part and guarantees the precision of the findings.