Import Outlook OST to Thunderbird With Two Best Techniques
Are you having problems with your OST files or your Outlook account? Do you now wish to pack up your belongings and migrate entirely to a Thunderbird account? If this is the case, we can assist you in initiating this process. We’ll show you how to import Outlook OST to Thunderbird on Mac and Windows without setting up an account. Are you curious about the solution? Okay, then, let us begin.
OST is an Exchange Server replica. The user can work offline with the aid of this file. However, it is a very sensitive file that is prone to corruption. OST files are not supported by any other email client than Outlook. Users open OST files in Thunderbird in order to better protect and access data.
To be precise, there are two techniques for converting OST to Thunderbird. The approach differs in terms of functionality and the use of email clients. Therefore, go over them one by one and determine their skills.
Manual Way to Import Outlook OST to Thunderbird Email client
To import PST to Thunderbird using this approach, you will need to use the Outlook manual Import/Export features. Therefore, take a look at the process and determine which steps require you to perform certain actions.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the File menu and choose Open & Export.
- Select the Import/Export option, then click the Next button. Select Export to a file from the Import and Export Wizard.
- From the Export to a File box, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Select the folders to export and click the Next button.
- Provide a path for the PST file to be saved and check the Include subdirectory checkbox.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
Once the files have been converted to Outlook .pst format, importing them into Thunderbird will be much easier. As a result, proceed to the next stage to complete your task.
- Open Outlook.
- Make Outlook the default email software.
- Mozilla Thunderbird should now be launched.
- Select the Import option from the Tools menu.
- Select Mail from the Import box and click the Next button.
- To begin the import procedure, choose Outlook and click the Next button.
- The imported emails will be shown after the import procedure is complete.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
This ends our manual conversion of Outlook OST to Thunderbird.
As you can see, the procedure requires that you use the Outlook or Thunderbird email client to complete the process. Additionally, the procedure is somewhat long. Therefore, if you want a more easy approach of import Outlook OST to Thunderbird, continue reading.
Automated Approach to Open OST File in Thunderbird
Convert an inaccessible OST file to a Thunderbird account quickly and easily using MacXtra OST Converter. This application can import OST to Thunderbird complete with attachments and other attributes. Bulk conversion and quick conversion of OST files are two capabilities that distinguish this program for exporting Outlook offline data files. Have a look at the quick process first.
- To begin using this OST to Thunderbird import utility, download and install and run it on your Mac or Windows device.
- Then choose either Add Files or Add Folder to add OST files to the tool.
- Following that, choose the OST files and send them to the tool which you can later find on the right panel of the application’s interface.
- Now, select MBOX as the export format, go to the directory where you wish to save your data, and click the Export.
This finishes our discussion on how to import Outlook OST to Thunderbird with the automated process.
Would you want to learn more about the OST file to Thunderbird converter? If so, you can review many of the functions outlined below. By examining them, you can determine its capabilities.
Learn more about the .ost File to Thunderbird Converter
- Batch Conversion: The OST to Thunderbird converter program saves you time even when converting the tons of data. It allows you to convert hundreds of files / folders at once.
- Standalone: The utility is purely standalone and does not require you to be configured with the Outlook account to convert OST to Thunderbird.
- Operating System Support: The Thunderbird OST file import tool can run on both Windows and Mac operating systems. So it doesn’t matter which operating system or which version you are currently using.
- Fully Secured: The application is fully secured and safe to use. It takes care of the integrity of all your email fields and attachments throughout the conversion process.
You can now import Outlook OST to Thunderbird using two different methods. We have offered you all the ways to open OST file in Thunderbird. One is the manual approach that requires using an Outlook account and the other is the automated process that is completely independent. Hence, you can check the process of both and then choose them to complete the task based on your convenience.
Read the article: Import OST to Gmail