How to Import DBX Files to Windows Live Mail? Step by Step Guide
Are you looking for how to import DBX files to Windows Live Mail? if yes, then you are on the right page. Here we will show you every possible and correct detail- to convert outlook express DBX to Windows Live Mail.
Outlook Express used to be one of the most popular email clients, but with the introduction of new features and product releases, it has fallen out of favor. And, more recently, Windows Live Mail has emerged as the new tool that a large number of people are interested in. Windows Live Mail might be considered the successor to Outlook Express since it enables access to Gmail, Hotmail, and even Yahoo mail accounts.
Migration, or the process of converting MS Outlook Express DBX files into Windows Live Mail, is a simple and quick procedure that doesn’t take an extended amount of time to complete. However, several considerations must be taken into consideration. So, before we begin the conversion procedure, we’ll go through the restrictions and considerations you should bear in mind when exporting Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail.
To ensure a flawless translation of your Microsoft Outlook Express emails and other data, you must first create a backup of your Microsoft Outlook Express emails and other files.
Manual Methods to Convert Outlook Express DBX to Windows Live Mail
- Open outlook express email client on your machine.
- Next, press on the “Menu” >> Tools >> Accounts option.
- Now hit the “Mail” tab.
- After that, choose the required email account and hit the “Export” icon.
- Now your all-selected data will export as a .iaf file extension.
Now you will get the .iaf file in the Storage folders of Windows Live Mail.
Step 2: Import Converted File into Windows Live Mail
- Firstly, open Windows Live Mail on your machine.
- Now click on the “Tools” >> “Accounts” options.
- After that, browse the iaf file, previously created.
- Now choose the file and import it into Windows Live Mail and hit the “Next” icon.
- To import/transfer all Outlook Express inbox contents into Windows Live Mail format, choose all under ‘Pick Folders‘ and then select a particular folder that you want to convert.
- Select ‘Next‘ and then ‘Finish‘ to complete the process.
Limitations of Manual Methods to Import .dbx Files into WLM
- Manually converting files takes a lengthy time. So, time-consuming for many.
- This method does not work with broken Outlook Express DBX files. So will need to fix files before converting to EML.
- The procedure is helpful, but not always. It has been observed that it was impossible to convert all emails and file objects as stated.
Direct Solution to Import DBX Files to Windows Live Mail
Highly recommended software to convert multiple outlook express DBX files into multiple file formats at one time is MacXtra DBX File Converter. The software has superior features to import DBX files into Windows Live Mail without any restrictions and limitations. Not only this, the DBX file converter has a simple and easy-to-use interface for all users technical and non-technical. Some of the best features are mentioned below:
Superior Capabilities of the Software
- Dual options to upload the outlook express DBX files.
- All data will preview on the software panel before the conversion.
- Allows users to convert only selected data per their requirements.
- Provide options to save the converted data at the required location.
- File naming options to manage the exported data via date, too, from and etc.
- Users can analyze live progress to import DBX files to Windows Live Mail.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface for technical and non-technical users.
- The software supports all Mac OS including macOS 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
How to Transfer DBX Files to Windows Live?
As we all know, Windows Live Mail supports EML format, so first, here we will convert the DBX file into EML format to import it into Windows Live Mail easily. Below we mentioned the complete process with images.
Step 1: Convert Outlook Express Data into an EML File
- Download and install the software on your mac machine.
- Now select the Outlook express file using the “Add Files” and “Add Folders” choices.
- After that, all the DBX files and folders will show on the software panel and hit the next icon.
- Now choose the “EML” from the select saving option, and browse the saving location.
- Lastly, apply the file naming option and click on the “Export” icon.
Now you will get the EML file at the selected location, and then follow step 2, which are mentioned previously above. Just browse the EML file rather than .iaf and import it.
Time to Say Goodbye
So, here’s how to convert / transfer/import Outlook Express emails into the Windows Live Mail format using the steps below.
As a professional, I always advise my viewers to use manual processes before investing in any paid software. And even for this, I would advise you to use the free manual procedures, but remember there are multiple limitations.