How to Import Gmail to Windows Live Mail: Top Two Methods
Summary: If you’re attempting but failing to add Google Account emails to Windows Live Mail, you can count on us. We provide variety of ways to import Gmail to Windows Live Mail 2012, and 2011. So, begin by reading the complete approach on the blog and simplify things for yourself.
The finest email clients are those that enable you to manage and access many email accounts from a single location. As a result, Windows Live Mail might prove to be an excellent platform for storing your Gmail emails. Take a look at some of the main advantages of linking Gmail to Windows Live Mail.
Advantages of Adding Gmail to Windows live mail
- WLM enables you to set up several email clients and access them all from one location.
- You can better safeguard your data by securing your emails from cyber-attacks and hackers.
- Because all of your data will be kept on a local disc, there will be no storage capacity constraints.
- Windows Live Mail has a simple user-friendly interface that loads emails quickly and is simple to use.
Thus, when all of these benefits are considered, we can conclude that it will be advantageous to forward email from Gmail to Windows Live Mail. Therefore, have a look at the requirements for achieving it.
How to Import Gmail to Windows Live Mail Manually?
Step 1: Configure Gmail to Allow the Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail
- Log into your Gmail account and choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, under Forwarding and POP/IMAP, select the Enable IMAP radio box.
- Additionally, Google is more secure, which allows it to prohibit access to less secure applications such as Windows Live Mail.
- To allow access and move Gmail to Windows Live Mail, go to the Account Settings section.
- Select the arrow on the right side of the Sign-in Security section.
- Scroll down and choose the Turn-Off option from the section Less secure apps.
- Following that, Google may send emails indicating that access to less secure applications has been enabled.
Step 2: Creating a Windows Live Mail Account
- Begin by opening a Windows Live Mail account, selecting Accounts, and then clicking Email
- You may input all of your Gmail account credentials and tick the checkbox. Check Manually setup server settings and click Next.
- Another dialogue box will now display; enter the Gmail server names and port numbers.
Bear in mind that this server configuration is compatible with Windows Live Mail and all other POP and IMAP email clients.
- Type the relevant information for server security settings, SMTP authentication, and ports on the Configure server settings page and click the Next button.
- WLM will eventually begin syncing with Gmail in accordance with the synchronization rules.
- Synchronization strategy that automatically downloads and synchronizes all default messages.
This concludes our discussion on how to manually import Gmail to Windows Live Mail. The disadvantage of this treatment is that it requires a long process. Additionally, you will not be allowed to import just chosen directories. Whether you like it or not, WLM will import all of your Gmail folders.
Thus, in order to circumvent these constraints, we propose the following strategy. Therefore, have a look at it.
An Automated Way to Export Gmail to Windows Live Mail
The Gmail Backup Wizard is the most straightforward method to import Gmail to Windows Live Mail. This tool’s remarkable power enables you to finish the work in a matter of seconds by just following a few basic and straightforward procedures while safeguarding the security of all your data. As a consequence, the first aspect of the Gmail to WLM converter to investigate is the overall approach.
- To move Gmail to Windows Live Mail using the recommended Gmail to Windows Live Mail Converter, you must first download, install, and activate it using the download links above.
- Following that, you must connect your Gmail account to the program by entering your email address and password.
- After all, folders have been added to the tool, you must choose the folders you want to export and also choose the EML saving option.
- Select a place for the generated files, apply additional filters such as fine-tuning the file names and then click the save button.
- The conversion will begin immediately and will take just a few seconds; you will be notified when it is complete.
This finishes our overview of how to forward Gmail to Windows Live Mail using the program. Now, let’s resume our investigation of the tool. We’d now want to describe a few of its primary functions to assist you in better understanding it. As a result, have a look.
Why is an Automated Approach the Best Approach for You?
- It allows you to mass import Gmail to Windows Live Mail, including all contacts and attachments.
- Enables you to choose and deselect folders to export just the most relevant ones.
- Allows you to store the generated files in a location of your choice.
- It is compatible with both Apple’s Macintosh and Microsoft’s Windows operating systems.
- It is very secure, and during the process, the integrity of all of your data is protected.
- Because it is self-contained, it can add Gmail to Windows live mail 2012, and 2011 without requiring any additional software.
You can now quickly and easily import Gmail to Windows Live Mail. We’ve provided you with two unique techniques for concurrently converting all of your account folders. One is a manual operation, while the other is an automated one. As a result, compare each method to ascertain which one is the finest for you.