Best Approach to Convert Mac OLM to CSV to Export All Contacts
Summary: Today in this write up we are going to cover the most searched queries on the internet on how to convert OLM to CSV with the help of the best application. If you’re one of those people who is asking themselves, “How can I convert an OLM file to a CSV file?” Don’t worry, then. Here, we’ll demonstrate the simplest and quickest methods.
These days, contacts are critical in our daily lives; in fact, the success of our enterprises is dependent on our ability to develop effective communication with one another. As a result, we have a short time to secure our contacts.
The most efficient method for doing so is to export it as a CSV file. Before we get into the specifics of how to convert OLM to CSV files, it’s important to grasp the fundamental concepts of OLM and CSV files.
Let’s have a look at the OLM and CSV file format, to understand it deeply.
Overview of OLM and CSV File Formats
MAC OLM File Format
OLM stands for Outlook for Mac. Outlook for Mac saves email data in OLM format. Outlook for Mac uses it to save email, contacts, calendars, and activities. The maximum size of OLM files is not mentioned, but to avoid corruption, keep them under 2GB.
CSV File Format
CSV stands for Comma Separated Values and is a basic text file containing tabular data. Comma Separated Values files can be opened with Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Open Office Calc. Most email services accept CSV files.
Now hope so your confusion is clear what is the difference between OLM and CSV file format? Before starting the OLM to CSV conversion, let’s have a look at the reasons, that why users want to convert OLM to CSV on Mac.
Reasons to Export OLM to CSV
A CSV file lets store infinite contacts with exact information in tabular form.
- A CSV file may be opened using Google Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, etc.
- Also, the CSV files included data in columns and rows. Professional and non-technical individuals can easily view the data.
- Microsft Excel may simply retrieve the CSV file data offline. Open Office Calc.
- Most email services accept CSV files, allowing for easy migration.
Now we understood the reasons why users want to convert OLM to CSV, Let moving on to the main query how do I convert an OLM file to a CSV file. We have mentioned 2 methods below to change Outlook Mac emails or contact to CSV.
Quickest Solution for OLM File to CSV Conversion
The most trustable and highly-rated software is MacXtra OLM Converter to save the emails or contacts from Mac Outlook to CSV. Because the free OLM to CSV converter comes with amazing features to export OLM to CSV. like users can convert OLM files in bulk without any hassle. And there is no file restriction during the conversion.
The following are a few incredible qualities:
Super-Powers of the Mac OLM to CSV Converter
- The OLM to CSV converter is capable to convert multiple OLM files even without an internet connection.
- This tool keeps From, To, Subject, Cc, Headings, Bcc, Date, Signature, Colour, Inline Images, Text, and Hyperlink.
- Users can convert OLM files individually or in bulk. The OLM files in the folder can be checked and unchecked before conversion.
- The OLM files folder hierarchy is not affected by the CSV conversion. And keeps the metadata intact. All files (contacts, address book, etc.) will be changed to CSV.
- The application is entirely secure. The app converts several OLM files to CSV without loss of data.
How to Convert an OLM file to CSV?
- Start by downloading and installing the application.
- Next, upload the OLM file by using the Add buttons as per the need.
- And then verify the uploaded OLM file and click on the Next icon.
- Now choose the “CSV” option from the drop-down of “Select Saving Option”.
- And browse the path to save the file.
- Finally, select the “Export” icon to launch the OLM to CSV conversion process.
Above we mentioned the quickest solution. Now we will explain free manual methods to convert OLM to CSV files.
Free Method to Convert OLM Contacts to CSV
If you want to convert other OLM files to CSV, then first you have to import that OLM file into Outlook for MAC by using the import/export menu. Now:
- Now choose the import/export menu again.
- And then select the option “Export to a file”.
- Next, select the “comma-separated value” and click on the next icon.
- And then select the destination path where you want to save the converted CSV file.
- Lastly, press on the Finish icon.
So, by using these free manual techniques, you can easily export OLM to CSV. But manual methods always have some drawbacks and limitations. Which are mentioned below:
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- It takes a significant amount of time to export OLM to CSV files,
- This procedure necessitates the use of technical expertise to convert the OLM files.
- Installation of Outlook is needed, and the data included in the emails are susceptible to cyber risks.
Finally, After reading this post, we should be able to distinguish between OLM and CSV files. We now understand the primary reasons to convert OLM to CSV files including contacts, as well as how to Change OLM data in Excel by utilizing the free manual method described earlier. After that, we talked about using an automated application to manage the entire process more efficiently and effectively to open the OLM file.