How to Transfer Emails from Yahoo to Outlook 2013/2016/2019 ?
Summary: If you’re seeking a solution to import Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or another version, you must read this article. It includes all potential methods for importing your Yahoo folders into any version of Outlook. Therefore, for an immediate answer, continue reading the text.
Manually Import Yahoo Emails to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer. On the Account Information page, click “File,” then “Info,” and finally the “Add Account” option. The wizard for creating a new account appears.
- Click “Next” after selecting “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types.”
- On the Choose Service page, choose “Internet E-mail” and then “Next.”
- Fill up the appropriate boxes with your display name, username, email address, and password. “Require Log on Using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” should be unchecked.
- From the Account Type drop-down option, choose “IMAP.” In the Incoming Mail Server box, use “mail.yahoo.com“(without the quotes here and for any other addresses).
- In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) column, type “mail.yahoo.com“
- Select “More Settings” from the menu list. Check “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication” under the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Select “Use Same Setting as My Incoming Mail Server” from the menu. Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Now in the Incoming Server area, type “995” and “465” in the Outgoing Server
- From the drop-down option, choose “SSL.” If you wish, check “Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server” then click “OK.”
- Then choose “Next” and “Finish.” To sync your Yahoo Mail folders with MS Outlook, go to the “Send/Receive” tab on the Ribbon and then “Send/Receive All Folders.”
That’s how you import Yahoo Mail to Outlook. The strategy, however, needs you to go through Outlook settings to bring every Yahoo folder; there are certain limitations that you should be aware of before deciding to use this method to import yahoo mail folders to outlook.
Is It Worthwhile to Use a Manual Method to Export Yahoo Emails to Outlook?
- The manual method is time-consuming and necessitates technical knowledge.
- For each version of Outlook, you may need to follow a different set of steps.
- There is no possibility to import only certain folders from Yahoo to Outlook.
To get over these limitations, we provide a more beneficial way that allows you to migrate Yahoo mail to outlook in only a few clicks and works with any version of Outlook.
An Easy Way to Export Yahoo Mail Folders to Outlook
MacXtra Yahoo Backup Tool is a program that not only lets you export Yahoo emails but also lets you import contacts into outlook from yahoo mail. Yes, you may import contacts from Yahoo mail to outlook 2010/2013/2016. It’s an all-in-one solution that follows the same steps regardless of the version of Outlook you use to store your Yahoo Mail emails. Follow the instructions below to gain a better grasp of how the tool functions.
Steps to Import from Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- To easily import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, or older versions, first download, install and run the Yahoo to Outlook Import program.
- To upload all of the connected folders to the tool, you’ll need to input your Yahoo credentials once the program’s page opens.
- After you’ve put all of the folders into the program, choose the desired email files from the list.
- Choose PST as your saving format, then browse to the right place for your resulting files before pressing the save.
That’s all there is to it when using the automatic method to import yahoo mail into Microsoft Outlook. This method appears to be significantly less complicated than the prior one. Let’s take a closer look to learn more about it. We’ve gone through some of the most important functionalities to help you understand it better. So, have a look at these.
Examine the Approach’s Functionality
- The utility allows you to mass import Yahoo Mail to Outlook with no limitations.
- Allows you to move just certain folders. You can deselect the necessary ones.
- The same techniques may be used to transfer Yahoo to any version of Outlook.
- Apart from emails, you may export contacts to Outlook from Yahoo Mail.
- You can use the filters to export emails from a certain time period or address.
To import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and later, we’ve provided both manual and automatic methods. The manual method takes a lot of time and requires consumers to have technical knowledge. The automatic method, on the other hand, is straightforward and requires only a few basic steps to migrate your Yahoo mail folder to any version of Outlook. As a result, we recommend that you consider both approaches and determine which is best for you.
We also have the solution for: Migrate Yahoo Email to iCloud