Import Hotmail to Thunderbird Using Incoming & Outgoing Server Settings
Synopsis: As the Hotmail accounts are out-dated, people are seeking a suitable alternative for handling their emails. Numerous people choose the Thunderbird account due to its numerous beneficial features and flexibility to manage multiple accounts from a single platform. As a consequence, we have outlined in this post one of the most effective techniques to import Hotmail to Thunderbird in order to assist users who are experiencing difficulty in locating the optimal solution. Continue reading if you are among the individuals who need to move files from Hotmail to Thunderbird.
How to Download Hotmail to Thunderbird?
- In the main Thunderbird window, pick Tools > Account Settings from the menu bar. A window labelled “Account Settings” will pop up.
- Go ahead and pick your Hotmail profile from the menu on the left. Verify that your name and account information are shown correctly under “Default Identity.”
- Select Server Settings in the sidebar to the left of your Hotmail account name. In the right pane, you’ll see the configuration options for the server.
- Configure IMAP and POP settings (Server name, port number, user name, connection security etc.)
- Configure the outgoing server settings (Server name, port number, user name and more.)
After you’ve finished configuring everything, you may start using your Hotmail account through Thunderbird. So, this is the first technique for getting your Hotmail emails into your Thunderbird account. However, if you wish to entirely abandon your Hotmail account and no longer use the email address, please consider the following method.
How to Import Hotmail to Thunderbird?
Using the most powerful, thorough, and reliable Hotmail Backup Wizard is the most efficient approach to move files from Hotmail to Thunderbird. The program is meant to transfer everything from a user’s Hotmail account to another provider, and this includes emails, and address book. It’s safe and simple to use, since it protects your data from corruption during the migration process. In the below section, we’ll show you how to use the program to transfer your Hotmail messages to Thunderbird. Inquire accordingly.
How to Use the Program to Download Hotmail Files / Folders?
- In the first place, click on the aforementioned link to download the Hotmail to Thunderbird converter. Get the program set up immediately. When you’re ready to make the switch from Hotmail to Thunderbird, just run the installer.
- After that, you’ll be asked to log in with the email address and password for your Hotmail
- All of your Hotmail folders should now be accessible within the application. At this point, choose the folders you wish to import and then select saving option as MBOX format.
- In order to get the desired result, you may now apply a filter.
- After choosing a destination to store the output, click the Start backup button to import Hotmail to Thunderbird.
- As at this moment, the data export has started. The process will only take a few seconds, and you will be alerted as soon as it completes.
After all of the emails from your Hotmail account have been exported as MBOX files, you will be able to manually import them into your Thunderbird account. Therefore, this is how the program assists you in accomplishing your objective, which appears to be a far more straightforward strategy than the manual one.
Learn More about the Hotmail to Thunderbird Import Tool
- Batch Import Capabilities: The program is best suited for users who have an endless quantity of data on their Hotmail account. The program can import an infinite number of folders into a Thunderbird account with no limits.
- Migrate Specifically: You do not need to download the entire directories with the utility. The program allows you to choose and deselect folders, allowing you to migrate only those that are necessary. With the tool, you will have total control over the procedure.
- Sophisticated Filters: The Hotmail Email to Thunderbird Import Tool has a number of advanced filters that you may use to achieve the desired results. You can transfer emails from a specific period of time if you provide the start and end dates. Email fields can also be configured to download emails from certain addresses.
- Device Support: The program was created particularly for Mac platforms. You may use the program with any version of Mac OS that is currently available. Furthermore, the program is completely self-contained and does not require you to download additional settings in the middle of the operation.
This article describes both manual and automated methods to import Hotmail to Thunderbird. Using the manual method requires the configuration of several server settings, whereas the professional method is straightforward. We recommend reviewing both options and deciding which one is most convenient for you.