Transfer AOL to Thunderbird with All Data on Windows or Mac OS
Summary: This article includes useful information on how to manually and automatically transfer AOL to Thunderbird on Mac and Windows operating systems. So, if such information is required by you at this time, please evaluate it.
Because there is always the potential of data leaking in the cloud, it is recommended that AOL mailbox data be backed up on a local system. Thunderbird is one of the best options for this. There are a number of other factors to consider while deciding whether or not to add AOL to Thunderbird.
Why Move AOL Mail Folders to Thunderbird?
- Because there is always the potential of data leaking in the cloud, it is recommended that AOL mailbox data be backed up on a local system.
- Mozilla Thunderbird enables users to view several email accounts simultaneously.
- When a server is down, no one can access their data. To get around this restriction, users should export AOL folders to Mozilla Thunderbird.
- However, advanced features like attachment reminders, mail archiving, activity manager, and huge file management entice users to Mozilla Thunderbird.
So, these are some of the AOL Mail difficulties that may be remedied with the Thunderbird email software. As a result, we provide you with a variety of options to import AOL folders to Thunderbird one by one. So, have a look at it.
Transfer AOL to Thunderbird Using the Account Settings: The Manual Approach
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, go to Tools > Account Settings… (Windows, Mac) or Edit > Account Settings (Linux) from the menu.
Note: If you can’t see the menu, use the Alt key.
- Select Account Actions from the drop-down menu.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Add Mail.
- Under Your Name: type your name.
- Now, under Email Address: put your whole AOL email address (including “@aol.com” or whichever domain your address belongs to).
- Under Password: type your AOL email password.
- Continue by pressing the Enter
- Ensure that IMAP (remote folders) is enabled.
- To have Mozilla Thunderbird download fresh mail from AOL but not synchronize folders and activities, choose POP3 (keep mail on your machine).
Note that using POP3, Mozilla Thunderbird is set up to destroy downloaded messages from AOL after two weeks or when you trash them locally; you may adjust these settings in your accounts’ Settings Panel after the next step.
- After that, click Done.
- Click the OK
Thus, you may manually forward emails from AOL to Thunderbird in this manner. As you can see, the procedure seems to be longer and requires technical expertise since you must go through various server settings. To avoid such server configurations and a long procedure, we recommend the following method to migrate AOL to Thunderbird. So, have a look at it.
An Easy Way to Change Email from AOL to Mozilla Thunderbird
MacXtra AOL Backup Program is the program that will make the whole procedure easier for you. It’s a fantastic program that allows you to transfer AOL to Thunderbird without having to go through several settings. It instead provides you with a few simple steps to import AOL contacts to Thunderbird and other associated properties at the same time. So, please go through the procedure and figure out how it works.
- To transfer AOL email to Thunderbird using the application, you need to download, install and launch it Once done, add your AOL account to the tool.
- Once you’ve added an AOL account, all of your related folders will be updated in the tool. After that, you need to select MBOX as the storage option.
- Now you need to browse and select the location to save your resulting files. Apply filters to get the output you want and finally click the Save.
Once all the files are saved in your desired location, you can manually import them into the Thunderbird account.
So, this is how the AOL to Thunderbird converter works. Now let’s go into more detail. We would now like to introduce you to some of its properties so that you know how effective it is for your task.
Discover Some Traits of the AOL Mail to Thunderbird Converter
- Transfer AOL to Thunderbird in bulk with full attachments.
- Gives you complete freedom in choosing which folders you want to export.
- Move AOL contacts at the same time as other data.
- AOL to Thunderbird Converter can also export AOL address book to Thunderbird
- It can download AOL emails with Thunderbird on both Windows and Mac OS.
- Allows you to choose the desired destination to keep the resulting files.
You can now transfer AOL to Thunderbird along with all attachments and contacts on Windows and Mac OS. We have offered you two main approaches to do this. One is manual and the other is automated. You can try any of these methods. However, if you want an easy process to move AOL mail to Thunderbird, you must go for the automated approach.