Migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail by Preserving Email Properties
Want to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail or Mac Mail account directly? Then, get away with the right solution.
The latest update to the Thunderbird email client has left the vast majority of customers dissatisfied and unhappy. There are numerous problems in it that slow down a person’s ability to work. Thunderbird, despite the fact that Mozilla and Firefox are doing tremendously well, is quite difficult to manage.
But it’s not easy! When switching to another email client, there is a lot to accomplish. Not only must the client be changed, but all data must be moved properly. The major goal is to move data without missing a single word. When moving files, the system or disc can corrupt, resulting in data loss. I discovered it after numerous battles with both email services.
You can find detailed instructions on both manual and expert methods for moving Thunderbird to Apple Mail in this article. Both methods are mentioned below in detail.
Before starting the conversion to import Thunderbird to Apple Mail, let’s have a look at the main reasons.
Reasons to Import Thunderbird to Apple Mail / Mac Mail
All Mac operating system comes pre-installed with Mac Mail or Apple Mail as the primary email client. It is user-friendly and offers a variety of appealing characteristics that draw the attention of the majority of customers to it. The following are some of the characteristics to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail:
- The toolbar is extremely straightforward, and it allows you to personalize the email with relative ease.
- Using the Quick glance feature, you may quickly scan through a large number of visually appealing photographs in the full-screen slide presentation.
- With the Flag Feature, it is possible to designate important emails as read.
- Data detectors aid in the identification of the specific email address that needs to be established.
- The email is protected from being mishandled thanks to the parental control feature.
- For those who want to synchronize their email with their mobile device, setting the mobile device with a MobileMe account is the way to go.
Manual Methods to Export Emails from Thunderbird to Apple Mail
Here we will show manual methods to import Thunderbird to Apple Mail. but before starting, the conversion installs the “ImportExportNG” extension on your Thunderbird profile.
- Start off by opening Thunderbird on your device.
- And select the desired folder and right-click on it >> choose Import/Export Tools >> “Export Folder” option.
- Then, to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail, browse to the location where you want to save the data and select “Select Folder.”
- Now you will get MBOX files (without any extension) on the selected destination.
Now we will import the converted files into Mac Mail, the whole procedure is mentioned below after the second solution. Before checking, the second step must read all limitations and restrictions of manual methods.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- There is a risk of data loss to migrating Thunderbird to Apple Mail.
- Thunderbird must install and work properly.
- Additionally, manual approaches require time-consuming procedures.
Direct Solution to Migrate Thunderbird to Mac Mail
One of the best and most reliable solutions to import Thunderbird to Apple Mail is the MacXtra Batch Thunderbird File Converter Wizard. The software has incredible and advanced features. Mail Migrator features a straightforward and user-friendly interface for all users, similar to Thunderbird for Apple. and unlike software from other vendors, the software has special algorithms designed just for Mac users. These kinds of amazing features tools provide. Also, some of the unique and mind-blowing features are mentioned below:
Before knowing more about the software, let’s take a look at the complete procedure.
Steps to Import Email from Thunderbird to Apple Mail
- On your Mac computer, download and install the software.
- Then pick “Let me select my Thunderbird Mailbox data” or “Convert configured Thunderbird mailboxes data” to upload the Thunderbird data
- Next, all the folders or subfolders will appear on the screen to move Thunderbird email folders to Mac Mail.
- Click on the “Select Saving Option” and press on “MBOX” format.
- After that, browse the saving location to save the converted file.
- In the end, click on the “Export” icon and start the process to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail.
In the end, click on the “Export” icon and start the process to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail.
Steps to Import Exported Files into Mac Mail
- Open the Apple Mail email client on your system.
- Now select “Import Mailboxes” from the “File” tab.
- Now choose the “MBOX” format to Import Thunderbird to Mac Mail.
- Browse the converted file and hit the “Continue” button.
More Features of the Thunderbird to Apple Mail Migrator
- The software has one of the most straightforward and user-friendly user interfaces, making it simple to use for both technical and non-technical users.
- Also, users can convert unlimited data from Thunderbird without any file restrictions. And users can convert selected files and folders according to their needs.
- The data can be automatically uploaded from the default storage location using the Thunderbird to Mac Mail converter. Or users can upload the files and folders manually to migrate Thunderbird to Apple Mail.
- The software preserves complete elements of emails like Bcc, Cc, To, Date, From, Subject, Inline, font, formatting, attachments, images, audio, and other data. Also, the software can export emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, and other data.
- According to their demands, users can choose the preferred location to save the converted file. And also, users can analyze the whole live procedure by clicking on the “Export” icon.
Note: Users can get the free version of the software by clicking the download button. However, the free edition only allows users to convert 25 emails. You must buy the licensed version if you want limitless conversion.
Throughout this post, we’ve discussed the dependable way of transferring Thunderbird emails to Apple’s Mail or Mac Mail along with all the Email Metadata. Also, we’ve begun the process of transitioning from Thunderbird to Apple Mail. As a result, a free download of the Migrator is available for testing and updating the trial version of this software. Following a thorough evaluation of the software process, you may quickly upgrade to a licensed edition of this application.