Import Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird Using Manual Configuration Settings
Summary: Despite being one of the most popular email services for years, Yahoo ran into difficulty. While competitors upgraded product offerings, Yahoo made little progress. As a result, users began looking for alternatives such as Thunderbird. So, if you wish to import Yahoo mail to Thunderbird as well, this post will teach you how.
The Manual Way to Import Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird
- Navigate to Tools in the Menu bar. After that Account Settings in Thunderbird.
- Select Account actions from the opening box, followed by Add Mail Account.
- Provide your first and last names, your Yahoo email address, and your password.
- To authenticate the Yahoo login details, click Connect.
- Select IMAP as the account type or select Manual configuration.
Note: If you select Manual Configuration to setup the server manually; you need to input Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com /Port: 993 (SSL). Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com/Port: 465(SSL)
- From Yahoo Mail, select Done to authenticate.
- After authentication is complete, Thunderbird adds the Yahoo email account. Now, copy the emails from the Yahoo mailbox folder to the Thunderbird account that you set up.
So, here is how you may manually import Yahoo Mail to your Thunderbird account. There are a number of issues with this method of downloading Yahoo mail folders to Thunderbird that you should consider.
Notable Aspects of the Manual Approach
- There are several server configurations that must be made in order to finish your assignment.
- Manually importing emails does not provide you the option of importing only particular emails.
- The method is technical in nature and necessitates technical understanding on the part of the user.
However, you do not have to worry about the disadvantages of manual processes since we offer an alternate answer for you. Therefore, please consider this before transferring Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird.
An Easy Way to Download Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird
Yahoo Mail Backup Wizard is the only option that can spare you from a time-consuming and technically demanding manual method. It’s a straightforward process that requires only a few simple steps to import Yahoo Mail to the Thunderbird account. Apart from importing the whole Yahoo folder structure, this method also enables you to download only specific emails at your discretion. Please refer to the step-by-step tutorial below to learn how to use the tool.
Step-by-step Instructions to Import Yahoo to Thunderbird
- By clicking the download link below, you can download, install, and use the Yahoo to Thunderbird import programme on your Mac operating system.
- Enter your Yahoo credentials to sync the tool with all of your Yahoo mail-related folders.
- After loading all of the folders into the programme, you’ll need to choose them for conversion and also choose Thunderbird as the saving option.
- The programme will automatically get the location of your Thunderbird profile. Following that, click the start backup option.
And that’s how you can import Yahoo mail to Thunderbird automatically, which appears to be a lot easier than the manual method. Let’s look at a few additional features of it before using it to complete the task.
Notable Aspects of the Automated Approach
- You may use the utility to import whole or selected folders into Thunderbird.
- It features a basic user interface, so you won’t have any difficulties using it.
- The start and finish dates can be used to retrieve emails from that time period.
- You can also use the email field to import emails from certain addresses only.
- The application may be used on any Macintosh operating system version.
Note: The Yahoo to Thunderbird converter’s most remarkable feature is that it includes a demo version. If you want to try the tool before purchasing the licencing version, this version is quite useful. This edition allows you to try out the features and, to a degree, transfer Yahoo mail to Thunderbird so you can understand how it works. Download the free version to have a better grasp of the tool.
There are now several ways to import Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird. We provide both a manual and an automatic method to import Yahoo mail folders to Thunderbird. While the manual way is sophisticated and provides numerous server options, the automated approach is simple to use and has a number of advantages. As a result, have a look at both techniques and use them as needed.